|Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, "I don’t like myself."
Thoughts on this family tree include, “I don’t like the way I act, the way I look, my life, my personality, and so on.” This self-condemnation defeats us before we ever face our day. It causes poor self-worth, limited expectations, bad decisions, and bad habits.
1. You care for and improve what you VALUE. Let’s learn to value ourselves. You are a treasure! (Deuteronomy 7:6)
2. You are valuable. The value of a thing is determined by how much someone would pay for that thing. God paid for you with the blood of Jesus. (Acts 20:28) That makes you special and costly! Believe that.
3. You are amazing! Meditate on the truth that you are fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. (Psalm 139:14) You were made to resemble God. (Genesis 1:27)
4. Meditate on your new self. “Created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:24). That’s who you are NOW.
5. The Holy Spirit lives in you! (1 Corinthians 3:16) He could have chosen to live anywhere, but He chose YOU. He likes you, so you need to like you!
6. Keep looking at the Bible as a mirror. As you do, you will be transformed into that image. (2 Corinthians 3:16–18) Meditating on God’s Word IS changing you into a person who it is impossible not to like!
I have value. God paid for me with His own blood. He has made me to resemble Him on the inside; and as I meditate on this truth, I will start to look like Him in my everyday life, as well. The Holy Spirit lives in me and is transforming me into a person impossible not to like, in Jesus’ Name!
|In God’s great love,